Brief History of Our Church
Originated at Piney Grove, Watauga County, in the year 1884, the Piney Grove Church had reached a membership of 85 by 1921. Between the organization of the Piney Grove Church in 1884 and the year 1921, several members had moved to Boone and as membership grew, it was decided to establish a church in Boone. Gradually the Piney Grove Church ceased to exist.
Establishment of the Boone Advent Christian Church was on November 10, 1922. The Boone Advent Christian Church first met in an old Episcopal Church at the corner of Appalachian and Kings Streets for about one year.
One year after its organization, the Boone Church changed its meeting place to the courthouse where it met until the new church building was completed. The building cost approximately $15,000 (not including the lots) and the first service was held in the new church on August 22, 1926. The Reverend R. N. Baldwin was pastor at the time.
In 1975, the basement of the church building was expanded, by a contractor, joining the church to the former parsonage. The connector and original parsonage are now used for a nursery and additional Sunday School classes. Also, in 1984, a new Sunday School room, Clerk’s Office, and Pastor’s Study were added above the expanded church basement.
Reverend Gordon A. Noble served as pastor for 49 years and 10 months until his retirement in 2015.
Reverend Brittany Jackson began serving as our Education Minister in 2015.
Reverend Mitch Marlowe began serving as pastor January 1, 2017.
Reverend Mitch Marlowe
Reverend Brittany Jackson Education Minister